Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Home Phone issues - Need human assistance

My home phone is broken, I have spent the entire morning and last night attempting to get through to customer service only to be sent on a loop in which a check on my line is done, stated to be inconclusive and then offers no resolution.

I need to speak with a member of customer service to explain the issue

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home Phone issues - Need human assistance

Good Afternoon derrickwilson33,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you've been having issues with your landline phone. Looking into the local area, we don't currently have any area outages. Have you been made aware of any outages?

Can you perhaps give me an idea how long the landline services have been experiencing a fault?  Does the landline service currently has a dial tone?

To help me further with diagnostics, can you tell me if the phone line is connected to the master socket or the extension socket?

We would request this is plugged into the master socket and, if applicable, all other pieces of equipment are disconnected from the line.

Are you also able to try an alternative handset in the socket for me? We would like to see if this detects an issue with the handset it's self or if this is something for us to rule out

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Area states that the phone lines are ok, last 3 months months have noticed cracking during calls from both sides of the line.

No dial tone since Sunday

Master Socket - nothing connected on extension

Tried another phone on both lines, no dial tone, nothing.

In my opinion there is an issue with the outside box.

Is there a contact number that I can use to discuss this issue and explain it in greater detail?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response

I've booked an engineer in the next available slot for you - if you log into your self-care account, you will be able to see when this is due to take place, and re-arrange if required

If you need any further, drop us a response below

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos