cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone Voice Mail turn off

Geologist
Joining in

Hi how do you trun of the voicemail on my home phone?  I do not need or want this feature and the help page on the Virgin Media website incorrectly takes me to the mobile voicemail.  There are no options to do this on 1571 and the chatbot just tells me to ring 150.

5 REPLIES 5

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Geologist 

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for your query.

Sorry to hear you are having issues switching off your voicemail. Does the following link help https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/set-up-landline-voicemail If not, please let us know and we will do our best to help from here.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Geologist
Joining in

Hi Akua, thanks for responding.  No that link only says how to set up voicemail not how to turn it off.  There is a link on your help pages for turning off home phone voice mail but that just goes to a mobile voice mail article

Apologises for not being clearer. In the sent link, there is a section labeled "How to turn off voicemail" https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/set-up-landline-voicemail Have you tried the steps there? If so, what happens? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Geologist
Joining in

Hi Akua - that just tells you to ring 1571.  As I explained in my first post there are no options to turn off the Voicemail when you ring 1571.  I eventually managed to do it by ringing 150, going through multiple options and being on hold for 40 minutes.  Not an easy task.

Thank you for clarifying this @Geologist 

We apologise for the experience you had when trying to action this voicemail removal. We will take your feedback onboard and pass it on to the relevant team for quality training and improvement. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team