cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone Switchover Date - 15th August Or Is Before Ok?

Poddys
Dialled in

I tried to post in the Phone Switchover forum but no option to create a new post! Well it's there but unclickable.

I received a text saying our adapter will be arriving and to plug the phone into the router on the 15th August. We are going to be away on that date, so I wanted to know if that's the date the VOIP service is going to be activated or the date the old phone service with dedicated cable is going to be turned off.

I'm happy to plug the phone in as soon as the adapter arrives but don't want to lose the ability to make and receive calls. The text wasn't clear as to whether it had to be done on that date.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Poddys,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and your home phone switchover query! 

If you receive your adapter before you go away, we would advise connecting the landline to the broadband Hub and see if the connection activates. If it doesn't, we can help arrange for a technician appointment to your property to have this switchover complete ahead of time. However, appointment availability can vary and this also depends when you're going away.

Let us know how you get on with the adapter and we'll do all we can to assist. 😊

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Poddys,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and your home phone switchover query! 

If you receive your adapter before you go away, we would advise connecting the landline to the broadband Hub and see if the connection activates. If it doesn't, we can help arrange for a technician appointment to your property to have this switchover complete ahead of time. However, appointment availability can vary and this also depends when you're going away.

Let us know how you get on with the adapter and we'll do all we can to assist. 😊

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Thanks Paulina.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Poddys,

No problem at all! Let us know if you need any additional help or assistance. We're here to help. 😊 

Thank you! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team