Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Home Phone Set Up

Hi, I recently bought a Home Phone as I had never used my phone line (I have a broadband, tv and home phone package).

I do not have a Virgin Landline Phone socket and thus I cannot connect the cable from the phone to the router either, as there is no port to match the cable. So I was told I can use 21 CV service of Virgin, which lets me connect the cable port from the phone (check the image attached) to my router directly. 

I am just not sure if that is free. Virgin customer service told me it costs £99 to install the qeuipment for CV 21 and their technical department said it is free, they just send the qeuipment to me and I install it, so that I can than connect the home phone port on the cable to the router. Can someone give me a clear explanation on how all this works? 

Thanks. 

Screenshot_20200112_190903.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home Phone Set Up

Hello

There is an adapter that is sent that will convertor the plug for the phone to the port on the router, it ports on the router you need to use is the top one, these ports are on the hub 3 so if you do not have a hub 3 you will be sent one.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos