Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone - Caller can't hear me

markem41
Joining in

Hi

Having an ongoing problem with my Home Phone -

If I call someone, once the call is connected I can hear them but they can't hear me.

If I answer a call, I can hear them but they can't hear me and call cuts off after a few seconds.

I've swapped handsets but still the same issue. My handset is connected directly to the Hub phone socket.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi markem41, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with your landline service. 

Can you let us know how long this has been happening for? 

Checking things this end, there looks like there has been an intermittent issue for a few hours which could be causing the issues you're having with the landline. We're trying to resolve this remotely so please monitor things over the next 24 hours. If you're still having the same issues, pop back and let us know so we can investigate further for you. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

markem41
Joining in

Thanks for the quick reply!  It's been an issue for approximately 4-6 weeks but is an intermittent problem.

OK, hopefully once the intermittent issue affecting the services is resolved, this will also have a knock on effect and resolve the landline issue. 

For now, all we can do is wait. Check things again tomorrow and if it's still the same we can run some further checks for you. 

Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

markem41
Joining in

Quick update - the last call I made to someone was free of any issues, worked perfectly. I don't know about incoiming calls yet ((don't use the home phone that much these days). Thanks for your help, HNY!

Thanks so much for the update @markem41 

I'm glad to hear that. 

If you have any further issues, let me know.

Happy New Year!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team