Menu
dawdolman
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Help needed with cancelation of phoneline

For several years I’ve tried to get my phone line removed from my account since my connection was upgraded to a SuperHub3, and my phone connection stopped functioning. I was not really using it much before and saw no reason to continue using it so wanted to get it removed. At the time I was told various excuses like my package would still be the same price.

Since then, I’ve moved property, and still been palmed off with excuses from the Virgin Media that it can’t be removed. To be precisely, when I moved, they said I would have to sort it out after the move was completed. Then after the move they said they could not change it as I was in a new contract (which before the move they specifically said I would not be), they did manage to lower the price of the contract for its remainder (which has now lapsed back to full price) but could not remove the Phone services from it. Since then, I’ve not be able to reach them on the phone, and they have refused to address the issues in writing when I have opened complaints, each they just said they tried to call but could not get though (I guess calling my land line that I don’t have any phone connection on), and not giving me an alternative form of contact to calling their standard number which currently seem impossible to get though on. I do have a Virgin mobile number, and an email address they can reach me on quite easily.

I’m also Autistic. I find having to persist with this trying to get this removed from my account straining to my mental health, from the anxiety caused each time I try pursuing it or end up thinking about it. I also find verbal communication over the phone difficult and would prefer the option of written (non-real time) communication.

Ideally, I would like to get refund for an appropriate amount for the years I’ve been billed for phone services despite never making or receiving a call. At the very least I would like the phone line removed from my account leaving only the cable internet connection.

Any help from the Virgin Media Forum team resolving this would be great. It would also be good to find out the real reason it is so difficult for them to remove the phone line part of my cable connection.

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help needed with cancelation of phoneline

If you remove your phoneline you bill stays the same or gets more expensive. Your just as well keeping it and not using it, you havent been charged extra over the years if your just on the weekends package

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi dawdolman,

Thank you for taking the time to post on the Community Forum.

I am really sorry to hear that you haven't had the best experience with us recently in attempt to remove your landline service from your package, and for the stress this has caused you. We advise when you are moving your services with us to a new address, that if you decide to make any changes to the package you will then be enrolled into a new contract term once you have been installed at the new address.

If you do not request to make any changes to your package, you will not be enrolled onto a new contract and your current contract term or 30 day rolling contract will continue as normal. Like all providers, customers are usually entitled to a larger discount the more services they have with us so jb66 is correct in stating that this may not have a large affect on your bills. 

I hope the information I've provided does help - if you are still interested in removing the landline service please do let me know.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
dawdolman
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies.

Beth, I confirm that I would like the telephone services removed from my package please. It looks like it should be cheaper removing the telephone line based on standard prices advertised on the Virgin Media website.

Kind regards,

David

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi David,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm going to pop you over a PM now so I can look into this a bit further for  you. Please find my message over at the purple envelope.

Kind regards

Beth

dawdolman
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Beth for the PM.

For anyone reading Beth managed to sort out my account to remove the telephone line without any bother other than a 30 day disconnection notice on the phone line. So much easier than dealing with Virgin Media's team on the phone.

Best regards

0 Kudos