Menu
DoreenEK
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Help for vulnerable/elderly - on hold 2 hours

Well this has been frustrating.  My 79 year old mother lives over 200 miles from me, her son. I couldn't get through on land line, rang a neighbour in the end.  Automated system says there is a fault with her landline and first appointment I could get was Thursday next week.  So I stay on hold and after about 1 hour and 10 mins call was answered but he said his system was playing up and he would put me on hold for a minute... yup, that was nearly an hour ago !!! I am approaching 2 hours on hold and I want to speak to someone to see if there is a priority/elderly list where they might fix it sooner.  Of course, waiting for vaccine and calls tend to be relatives or doctors... worried and Very Frustrated.. .not sure if I have been put on hold and the call will never be answered!  It's also getting late to call her back. 

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
brendasuter
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help for vulnerable/elderly - on hold 2 hours

Your get a bill from them as well, as if the call goes over 1 hour you get charged. So look forward to that. 

0 Kudos
DoreenEK
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ouch, brilliant, 2  hours and 27 mins to be told the appointment was the first available and she didn't think there was anything else that she could do so just an elderly lady with no landline for several days... (she did say she would email someone in case they could help).   Oddly, missed a call at11pm from a withheld number -  phone was on silent when I go to bed.  It might be them and they might ring again . 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi DoreenEK,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear your mother is without a landline. 

If this is an area issue, there would be a fix date/ time which we would be unable to bring forward.

If this is specific to her however, we would arrange a technician for the next available date, if the account is flagged for accessibility  we may be able to bring this forward.

I've popped you over a private message so I can get a few more details from you regarding this.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
DoreenEK
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex, 

Thank you for the message.  

She is not fantastic with technology but does have an old school mobile phone - it's just a bit hit/miss if it is ever on/charged/in the right place.  

Currently the appointment is for Thursday afternoon 12-4pm.  I asked a neighbour's son to call in with another handset to make sure she had not pressed something that could keep the line open, but the other handset made no difference.  

At the moment we will have to wait until Thursday - strangely, when I checked her phone line again for a fault (through the website) it said there was none.. .but it is still impossible to ring her landline.. 

Alan 

0 Kudos