cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - call barring removal

Lizzie01
Tuning in

In 2000 I had call barring on my landline with BT so callers that withheld their number didn't get connected I now want to reverse this as I am missing calls from hospitals as they withhold their numbers. I have asked both Virgin & Bt to do this & both say they can do nothing has anyone any ideas

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

12 REPLIES 12

It worked thankyou so much for all your help.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Glad that the fix was a simple one!

Unfortunately having that withheld feature switched off will mean you might now see an increase in the number scam calls coming through using withheld numbers. So you might have to turn that feature on/off depending on whether you are expecting any hospital/doctor calls or not if the scam calls prove to be too annoying.

Many of the scam calls will claim to be Virgin Media (or BT, Microsoft, Amazon etc.) offering to 'fix' your broadband. This can be confusing, especially if you have had a recent problem like you have just had. These are all scam calls as VM do not make unsolicited calls like this so be aware of this possibility and just hang up without talking to them if you do receive such calls when the 'withheld' feature on the phone is switched off.

Hi Lizzie01,

Hope you've had a nice weekend.

Glad to hear you've been able to get it sorted.

If you need anything else from us at all, please don't hesitate to get back in touch from here.

All the best,

Beth

Beth