cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help No dial tone, VM website useless!

DenisTV
Tuning in

Hi 

I have no dial tone on my VM landline removed and have tried to phone my landline from my mobile and it doesnt ring.

I dont know if its a landline problem or do I need to buy a new phone ( this one is only 1 week old btw)

Tried the various remedies on VM website but just going round in a circle getting nowhere and given up waiting to speak to a human. 

f anyone can help me I would be grateful. 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

5 REPLIES 5

DenisTV
Tuning in

Hi 

Thanks for editing my post Melissa. 

Are you able to help regardin my problem?

Thanks Denis

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @DenisTV,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you've had some issues with your landline recently!

Have you taken a look at our Landline Fault page to see if this can help with your issue?

Have you tried to unplug and then re-connect your landline to see if this can help? 

Please let us know how you get on and if you're still having issues, we'll be more than happy to assist. 

Thank you. ^PZ

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

donnadoc
Joining in

I was the same, the guy came out and said phones have to be plugged into modem now, he did this and it worked, I had no phone for 3 weeks

Hi 

Mine is plugged into the modem/router.

But the good news is mysteriously it is now working, I have no idea what was the problem other than possible work going on on the landlines by VM

Denis

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @DenisTV,

Thank you for coming back to me. I'm glad to hear that your landline is working again! If you experience any further issues, please let us know and we'll be more than happy to investigate further. 🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs