cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Dead Landline

Sugarsweet
Tuning in

Help my Landline is dead.

I have no dialling tone so I cannot make outgoing calls. When I ring my landline from my mobile the landline phone does not ring.

My phone is plugged directly into a wall socket.

8 REPLIES 8

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Sugarsweet,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Apologies for the issues faced with the landline, just to clarify on this have you checked the connection of the handset?

Also do you have another handset that you could try at all?

Let us know,

Kain

Hi Kain,

Yes I have checked the connection. I have unplugged the phone and plugged a spare phone into the wall socket. Both phones have no dialling tone and both phones do not ring when I call them from my mobile. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Ahh okay, thanks for getting back to us.

From checking our service I can't see any area faults so we'll need to get a technician appointment booked.

Before I drop you a PM or book any appointment we have to advise of the following.

There can be a £25 charge added to the account if;

•The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know whether you're okay with this and I'll go ahead and book the appointment for you.

Regards,

Kain

Hi Kain,

Please book me an appointment.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem,

I've dropped you a PM so we can confirm a few details.

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your cooperation over PM Sugarsweet.

The appointment has now been booked in for you.

Do let us know how the appointment does go!

Take care,

Kain

Hi Kain,

The engineer has been and my phone is now working again. 

The fault was a network fault.

Thanks for your help.

Sugarsweet

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Sugarsweet,

Thank you for coming back to us and updating us on how your appointment went!

Glad to hear that your landline services are back on now. If you need any further assistance, please let us know. We're here to help. 🙂

Thank you! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs