Menu
gentlegreen
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Have analogue (Virgin) phone lines been disconnected now ?

My oldschool landline (comes into the house alongside the coax) has been dead for years (again), but I now need it.

Do I now have to buy a VOIP phone with an RJ11 and connect it to my Hub 3 ?

I'm paying such silly money for my Internet connection, I might as well get the phone service |I paid for ...

thanks

(Bristol)

0 Kudos
gentlegreen
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Have analogue (Virgin) phone lines been disconnected now ?

Oh I see now - I was supposed to have been sent an adaptor with the new hub back in November ...

0 Kudos
gentlegreen
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Given the agony of Virgin helpline on a PAYG mobile at my expense, is this a standard item I can order elsewhere ? - any "BT socket to RJ11 adaptor" ?

0 Kudos
goslow
Super solver
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@gentlegreen wrote:

Given the agony of Virgin helpline on a PAYG mobile at my expense, is this a standard item I can order elsewhere ? - any "BT socket to RJ11 adaptor" ?

The adapter is a standard item which you can get from your preferred online supplier for just a few pounds. The VM forum team often arrange for one to be dropped of by a passing technician if required. An ordinary modern conventional phone should also work. A very old phone (approx. 15+ years) might have problems.

However, there are a few other caveats to using the phone connection on the back of the hub briefly mentioned here in a recent topic

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Connecting-a-Gigaset-DX800A-to-the-Virgin-FXS-ports/...

it is 'subject to availability'.

0 Kudos
gentlegreen
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @gentlegreen,

Welcome back to our Community Forum! Thanks for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you were not sent the adaptor for your new landline connection. 

I'm glad to see that @goslow was able to give you some great information and point you in the right direction.

If you'd like we can have it arranged for someone to drop off the adaptor to you. In order to do that, I will need to confirm a few details before I can have this arranged.

I will contact you via Private Message, so please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top of your Forum page.

I will be in touch soon. 🙂

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
gentlegreen
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

thanks 🙂

I guess it was because it was a replacement for a Hub 2 so the assumption might have been I was already set up - if I'd seen an adaptor I would hopefully have "made the connection" as it were ...

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @gentlegreen

Thank you for getting back to me and confirming your details via Private Message.

I have emailed the Area Field Manager about your adaptor and will update you on this query as soon as I can.

Thank you! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos