Menu
Dede1833
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Had no landline since 4pm this evening - no dial tone and cannot accept incoming calls.

No landline all night - no dial tone and no incoming calls.  Landline is needed urgently for an elderly person who is self isolating.  Tried for over two hours to contact Virgin bit cannot get through

0 Kudos
CybeRocK
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Had no landline since 4pm this evening - no dial tone and cannot accept incoming calls.

Hi, sorry to hear you've experience this fault. Have you already checked your phone connection to make sure the cable hasn't come lose? Does your phone have a display and if yes, what does it say? Have you tried a different phone? If you have multiple extension sockets in the house, please unplug all other phones and plug only one phone into your main phone socket(it's the bigger socket, the extensions are usually smaller). Assuming you have done all this but still have no dial tone, a service visit is required and customer service can schedule it out for you. Please understand though, many of our call centres have been closed down due to the lock down, so getting through might take longer than usual but things are being done behind the scenes to fix it. Hope this helps, please stay safe!

- Although I am a Virgin Media service technician, the responses given on here are from my personal experience in the field and should be taken as such -
If I was able to help you please let others know by marking my answer as helpful. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo 🙂
0 Kudos