Menu
Clickster42
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Had a power cut earlier since then landline not working no dial tone

Hi we had a power cut earlier, since then no dial tone on the

Landline. We can’t receive or make calls. I checked the service page and it says no known issues in the area.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Paul

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Had a power cut earlier since then landline not working no dial tone

The telephone service usually has a battery backup at the local optical node (these can be up to 1km away from you). If the batteries are not in good condition & the power is still out where the node is situated you will have no service. Do you have Broadband? Has that service returned? If it has not the public supply at the node is still out.

If your Broadband is back give it a while as it may be something needs resetting at the node.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Clickster42
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes broadband is working fine, il wait if nothing tomorrow il book an engineer.

Many Thanks

paul

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good Evening Clickster42,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums!

Sorry to see that we've experienced an issue with the phone line after the power cut in your local area. 

Can you please advise me if the dial tone ha returned since your post? Can you also tell me if any of your neighbours are still experiencing a loss of dial tone?

If it's possible, can you please remove all equipment from any extension sockets so we just have the handset in the master socket plugged in to see if you get a dial tone?

If we need an engineer, I'll be happy to book this in for you via our PM service.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos