cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOME PHONE

colin110
Joining in

THERE IS NO DIAL TONE ON MY HOME PHONES. TRYING TO GET THROUGH TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE AT VIRGIN MEDIA IS A NIGHTMARE.

8 REPLIES 8

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi colin110, thank you for joining our help forums and for your first post here.

A warm welcome to the VM community, nice to have you on board! 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with your landline currently and struggling to speak with our faults team, we'd love to help with that issue.

Could you please let us know if your line is working via the hub (fibre) or the telephone wall socket?

Also, have you checked our service status in your area here to see if there's a fault on our network that's causing this?

Please,let us know more and we're eager to assist.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

My home phone is off a wall socket and I have checked that there are no known faults in ts22 5rp via your link. How do I arrange for an Engineer visit. This same problem happened in September 2021 and a fault was found in a box located in A road nearby

Thanks for coming back to us colin110, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message colin110. 

I have arranged a technician appointment for you and it can be tracked via your online account. Please sign into My Virgin Media and you will see your appointments on your account dashboard. However, this can take up to 24 hours to be updated. You can also check your appointments via the 'My Virgin Media' app.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for.

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Kind Regards,
Steven_L

THANKS STEVEN.

IT HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE TRYING TO GET TO THIS STAGE. I AM MORE THAN DISAPPOINTED WITH VIRGIN MEDIA. COLIN

You're very welcome and please can you let me know how the visit goes thats if you get chance to do so.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven. The eng has visited and he has partially fixed the problem. He has fitted a dongle to the modem and the hand phones which plug in to the elect wall sockets are now working. The main phone which is connected to a cable from outside he can not get to work for reasons which he has fully explained.  Now instead of having 5 phones around the house we only have 4. As I mentioned previously I am very unhappy with Virgin Media as a company (not the Eng.) And I will be looking to change our  provider for all our services. Take care, Colin 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Can't really identify your type(s) of phones from your posts but, FWIW, a single line connection from the VM hub has a REN of 3 (as opposed to a conventional phone line which is REN = 4). Anecdotal reports on the forum are that customers have been able to have 3 devices plugged into a line from the VM hub but encounter problems beyond that number. If some of your phones are cordless, the REN is determined for the base station only.

If you switch provider you may encounter similar problems as all suppliers are offering landlines via their routers now.