Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HOME PHONE VULNERABLE ELDERLY CUSTOMER NOT WORKING

Can a reputable person from VM contact me?  I have an elderly relative who is not going out as per government recommendations re. Covid-19.  Phone contact is essential but it is not working.  TV is also off and there is a problem in their area for the past 2 weeks.  I have been trying to get in touch with VM on the phone.  It suggests you leave a mobile (I did) they text you a direct email address, which takes you to VM faults that then takes you around in circles but gives no answer as to how to fix/remedy the problem??

VM are a disgrace.  I had a similar problem with them last year and it took months to sort out as VM send you around in circles on their website, the help chat so several long phone calls on my mobile of over 40mins to get through they then threaten that if it is your own phone fault they will charge you.  Eventually after 1 missed engineer no show, a very polite and helpful gent had to fix faults at the exchange.  In the 6yrs I have been with VM every time the engineers have to fix something at the exchange so obviously there are some hard wiring issues for VM.

Customer services and care of long standing accounts a disgrace and very expensive too.  Surely the tech people are working from home and so can be contacted easily to advise as to what can be done even in these difficult times.

Rooanna

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: HOME PHONE VULNERABLE ELDERLY CUSTOMER NOT WORKING

Hello Rooanna

Although it is extremely disappointing to hear of the service issues, especially at such a difficult time for everyone, but we appreciate you taking the time to contact us via the forums.

When you have spoken to the team, what have you been advised as to the issue with the service?

Have you been able to check here virg.in/service for their area with an estimated fix time? If possible they can also log in on that page and run tests on their connection and VM equipment.

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Currently looking into this, and will book an engineer if required.

Retro-Tech

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

They have proved themselves to be incompetent and totally uncaring. The way they've literally stopped answering calls is, after 17 years the last straw for me. I've had no desperately needed landline for 5 weeks and they couldn't give a monkeys.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for the delays, I can see @Retro-Tech was dealing with this, have you heard back from them in regards to this issue?

Rob

0 Kudos