Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HELP! moving number from sky

I wonder if anyone can help me since I cannot get through to the helpline because of Covid 19.  I recently moved from Sky and I am currently on the oomph ultimate bundle.  I was under the impressions that my phone number would be automatically transferred to virgin media but I am now not sure that this is the case since the number still hasn't been transferred.  I have tried contacting virgin media and sky for some clarification and for what i am required to do but obviously given the pandemic I have been unable to speak to anyone.  We had the virgin media engineers on 02/04/2020 to install the phone line and TV and as far as I'm aware my sky subscription ended on the 08/04/2020.

Does anyone know if the number will be automatically transferred or if there is anything I need to do?

I obviously want to avoid the possibility of losing this number.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: HELP! moving number from sky

i

A number port can take upto 7/10 working days

Have you tried the text service below

Thanks

Craig

Why not try our Text Messaging Service?

It’s a great way to get help with your Virgin Media services - and it's free!

Just send your query to 07533 051 809 and we’ll text you back.

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Well I'm afraid you should have checked this before you made the transfer.  Your assumption that the transfer was completely automatic was utterly and completely wrong.  If you have now left Sky and terminated your contract with them then your old number has been returned to the BT pool of numbers for reallocation. The number is forever lost to you.

The rule is and has always been that if you want to port a number you tell the new company (VM) you are going to that you want a number port. You don't cancel your phone contract with your old supplier until the port has taken place. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi did you ask for the number to be ported over before you ended the contract? not to sure this can be done unless the number is live.
Regards Adrian

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos