cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP ! Landline has died

soosie
On our wavelength

At 10am this morning, halfway through an important telephone call, my landline died 😓 and now I can't make or receive calls. I tried to unplugging my phone and plugging it back in back in again and I also tried a spare corded phone in the Telewest master socket - but no joy with either action, the line is completely dead. Because I don't have a Virgin mobile, and because the signal with my current mobile service provider is not great in my area, I had to resort to visiting a neighbour to use their Virgin phone so that I could report the fault using 150.

When I finally got through and was able to speak with to a customer service agent I was told that it was most likely connected to the migration away from the copper cables. However on further investigation the agent couldn't connect me via your "system" and said he would book an engineer to come out - then the "system" wouldn't let him book an engineer unless I was at home to answer further questions. So back home I go and ring your 0345 customer service number from my mobile - after going through all the same questions again with a different customer service agent they came to the same conclusion and have booked an engineer to come out on Tuesday 29th August. 

If the fault is connected to the migration issue then 

1) I have had no prior notification from Virgin that this was imminent and would have thought that, at the very least, customers should have been notified in advance of when this was to be done with their landlines.

2) Neither have I received any adaptor to plug into my existing hub to enable me to try to connect my telephone. Connecting to my hub raises a different set of issues as I've had my hub for a long time and I'm not sure it would be compatible with any adaptor you may provide. Additionally the hub is in a different room in my property to the one where I need the telephone, plus the WiFi signal is not great in some parts of my home so I'm not sure that this is going to solve my problem

3) I have TV, Broadband and Landline with Virgin and each uses a separate cable. The TV and Landline cables are connected at the front of the building and my Broadband hub is connected at the rear. The Landline master connection is a Telewest box.

After the fiasco with emails earlier this year I'm not really impressed by VM's service at the moment - even more so as now I shall be without my landline, on which I heavily rely (see comment re poor mobile signal above !!), for the next 3-4 days at least. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @soosie 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear of the phone line issues. I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @soosie 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear of the phone line issues. I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @soosie 

Thanks for joining me on PM and allowing me to sort this for you 🙂

If you do ever need further assistance, please pop back to the community and we can assist you further 🙂

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team