Menu
Yog25
Tuning in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

HELP!!!!!! LAND LINE NUMBER LOST

My son contract was ending with Virgin and he is moving to a new house, so I got new contract with Virgin. Afterwards I realize that my landline number is not recognizing. I contact Virgin and told that is “normally quick process for number to transfer but it can take up to 3 months. Unfortunately, the Technical team line is close because of COVID-19. If not, the number not working after 3 months then contact us again”.

After 3 months not working so I have phoned 3 times about this and keep getting told that they have put the request and will be working after 14 days. I've just received TXT message stating “Hello, it’s Virgin Media here. Unfortunately, we are unable to port your home telephone number as it is disconnected from your current provider, and we are only able to port active telephone numbers. Please continue to use the Virgin Media number provided to you at install”.

How can you lose the number transferring form Virgin to Virgin?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: HELP!!!!!! LAND LINE NUMBER LOST

3 months. Yah if you waited 3 months it will be gone
0 Kudos
Yog25
Tuning in
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

How can i get back do you know?
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

it its been cancelled and its been gone 3 months its very unlikely you'll be able to get it back
0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

The correct process would have been to put through a house move and then request a change of responsibility if you wanted this to be under your name. 

Sadly if you put together a new account and disconnect the old account the number would usually be put back into the system and will go to another new customer automatically. 

Sorry for any inconvinence caused. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Yog25
Tuning in
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

My contract finished and new contract taken by my mum. I have filled the Phone number to be use. I do not understand why Virgin make things so complicated. So basically who ever join Virgin Media will have a new Number?
0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Did you put this through with the change of responsibility form to take over the account a house move with an existing customer offer?

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Yog25
Tuning in
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

My contract coming to an end so i given cancelation notice. New contract taken over by mum.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

if you cancelled your account a port would fail as per ofcoms rules
Yog25
Tuning in
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

My contract coming to an end so given notice which require. And new contract taken by my mum fill all the details like telephone number and so on. What I do not understand is how they lose the number? I never ever had this problem with any provider in UK except Virgin.

0 Kudos