Menu
Johnny1983
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Going over 60 mins on landline.

Hi

I'm having trouble with my 80 year old nan going over 60 mins on her house phone. She's managed to spend £6.55 with vat 🙁. I've done everything I can to encourage her to end the call at 55 mins. She has a timer that I brought her to remind her when 55 mins is up and end the call. She's still managing to go over the 60 mins 📞☎️. Would it be possible to have a cut out or beep sound as a reminder for 60 mins to be built into the landline 🤔 I'm sure my nan isn't the only one who goes over her 60 mins when she's chatting away 🤔 the whole virgin bill this month has come in at just short of £84. Come-on virgin. Please assist 😊

J.H
0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Going over 60 mins on landline.

Good morning, 

Thank you for your post. 

Unfortunately theses are not feature's that we are able to offer at this moment in time. I will most certainly pass your feedback on so that we are able to look at improving our services. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Our previous neighbour was around that age & had the same problem. As the people she was calling all had iPhones, her son bought her an iPad & taught her to use FaceTime. Problem solved!

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Johnny1983
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately an ipad is out of the option for my nan. She struggles with technology 🙁. She can't even work her v6 properly. Nevermind an ipad 🙁. My grandad has to turn the v6 on when she wants to watch tv 😂

J.H
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Johnny1983 wrote:

Unfortunately an ipad is out of the option for my nan. She struggles with technology 🙁. She can't even work her v6 properly. Nevermind an ipad 🙁. My grandad has to turn the v6 on when she wants to watch tv 😂

My neighbour actually found it easier than using the phone. Instead of having to go through the small text of a contact list, all you have to do is select the FaceTime icon & look for the photo of the person you want to call.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks