cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ghost calls Virgin landline

SGGC
On our wavelength

I signed up with Virgin in September and ever since I receive multiple ghost calls every day recorded on my phones call list. They are all  from "No Number" and the phone does not ring, the only way I am aware is when the "call list" alerts it is full. This happens  between 3 and 10 times every day and though reported several times as a complaint nothing is ever done. I suspect it could be caused by Port scans from Virgin but it does need to stop! HELP

27 REPLIES 27

Hey Tech-ache, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to hear about this however I happy to her a tech has been booked in.

Please do keep us updated on how this visit goes. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hey crj2508, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to hear you are also having this issues.

How did that go, did it fix the issues at all?

Please do let me know. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

SGGC
On our wavelength
Amazed at the circular nature of this topic. The forum admitted to me some month ago that it's a known issue with BT handsets 8000 series and that Virgin are "working on it" It seem this information is not propagated to the advisors. Tech visits are pointless and yes it's still happening to me!

Hey SGGC, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this is happening to you.

Are you using a BT 8000 series handset phone?

If so have you tried using another handset to see if that will work at all? Thanks

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matthew_ML

I have a set of BT Premium phones, not model 8000.  I don't have another handset to try.

Regards

CRJ2508

Thank you for letting me know, let's wait the full 24 hours and if there hasn't been an improvement reach back out to me and we will try something else. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Don't waste any time on engineer visits or adjusting your BT style handsets.

Ghost calls occur when a Direct IP SIP call (a scam call) is attempted to the public IP of your Hub 5.

A Hub 5 firmware setting change is required to prevent in bound Direct IP calls, this is a task for VM or their OEM Sagemcom.

SGGC
On our wavelength

hi Client 62, that's really interesting, the first sense I have heard on this. Question is why on earth don't virgin just change the firmware setting on Hub5 accordingly?

While we appreciate what client62 has advised. We do still recommend following the advice my colleague provided. 

^Martin

Take a read at the thread below, Page 41 my post  #401 ...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Constant-quot-no-number-calls-quot-since-moving-to-I...

Regards

Phil