cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ghost calls Virgin landline

SGGC
On our wavelength

I signed up with Virgin in September and ever since I receive multiple ghost calls every day recorded on my phones call list. They are all  from "No Number" and the phone does not ring, the only way I am aware is when the "call list" alerts it is full. This happens  between 3 and 10 times every day and though reported several times as a complaint nothing is ever done. I suspect it could be caused by Port scans from Virgin but it does need to stop! HELP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi SGGC 👋 welcome back to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue with ghost calls on your VM Landline operating via hub 5. 

Thanks to Goslow for posting this thread 👉 Solved: Constant "no number calls" since moving to IP Tele... - Virgin Media Community - 5121275 which discusses this issue at length. This has been raised by the team on community, as well as the Mods and is being investigated to provide a fix. 

I have spoken with our Mod team again this morning who have confirmed sadly the issue is still ongoing. There was a temporary fix, however it appears the issue persists and teams behind the scenes are continuing to work on this, in conjunction with some external partners to try and get this sorted. 

My sincerest apologies that the issue is affecting you! I do hope it is resolved soon. If you need any further support please let us know and we will do our best to offer help! 

All the best. 

Molly

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

27 REPLIES 27

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@SGGC wrote:

I signed up with Virgin in September and ever since I receive multiple ghost calls every day recorded on my phones call list. They are all  from "No Number" and the phone does not ring, the only way I am aware is when the "call list" alerts it is full. This happens  between 3 and 10 times every day and though reported several times as a complaint nothing is ever done. I suspect it could be caused by Port scans from Virgin but it does need to stop! HELP

Are you using a Hub 5? If so, see

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Constant-quot-no-number-calls-quot-since-moving-to-I...

for this known issue.

SGGC
On our wavelength

Yes its a Hub 5. I find it hard to believe that as this is a known issue that after several months Virgin have not issued an update to fix it. When will tis now happen as does not meet expected standard.

Hi SGGC 👋 welcome back to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue with ghost calls on your VM Landline operating via hub 5. 

Thanks to Goslow for posting this thread 👉 Solved: Constant "no number calls" since moving to IP Tele... - Virgin Media Community - 5121275 which discusses this issue at length. This has been raised by the team on community, as well as the Mods and is being investigated to provide a fix. 

I have spoken with our Mod team again this morning who have confirmed sadly the issue is still ongoing. There was a temporary fix, however it appears the issue persists and teams behind the scenes are continuing to work on this, in conjunction with some external partners to try and get this sorted. 

My sincerest apologies that the issue is affecting you! I do hope it is resolved soon. If you need any further support please let us know and we will do our best to offer help! 

All the best. 

Molly

Hi All,

I'm somewhat relieved that I'm not the only VM customer having Ghost call problems with a Hub 5 although they are annoying and still happening up to 12 times a day, usually exactly 50 minutes apart.  Multiple calls to VM haven't helped, all the customer service told me was that they were sending the problem "up the line".  As others have said it's clearly a computer contacting my hub on a regular basis and judging by the previous posts has been going on ever since we were forced to plug phone lines into hubs, but only the Hub 5 apparently.

The obvious question is "When will VM sort out this problem?"

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi crj2508, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with calls to your home, we will do all we can to help.

Can you please confirm if you are receiving calls from the same number each time or do the numbers change?

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi Natalie,

As others have stated these Ghost calls don't register a number on our phone, it just says there has been a missed call.  They clearly aren't "real" telephone calls.

Regards

CRJ2508

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming.

It does sound like you are experiencing the same issues as the original poster and this is currently being looked in to from our side. 

We will be sure to update the thread as soon as we receive any updates. 

Thank you,

Nat

Started Virgin Media Feb. 2023. Having exactly same problem. I spoke to customer support, seemed unaware of this issue and arranged engineer visit.

Dear Tech-ache

I spoke with customer services again yesterday, they couldn't offer any positive suggestions but offered to add "Anonymous Call Rejection" to my package for a month saying that should stop the Ghost calls.  It didn't, we had three more Ghost missed calls overnight but will wait for 24 hours to make sure it's not working until I go back, again, and ask them to remove the ACR.

I wanted an engineer but they insisted ACR would work!

Regards

CRJ2508