cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting support - landline issue

Marksvegplot
Tuning in

My landline phone has been u/s for several hours, and I have eventually (with great difficulty) reported this, yet the Virgin Media Service Status insists that there are no faults in my area. Why?

All the alleged "self-help" features  - e.g. "Fix my landline" - don't work. There is a real need to be able to talk with a human being, and not a bot!

There also seems to be no easy way of reporting a fault, since I am unable to dial 192 from my landline!

IMO the Virgin Media customer service offering is awful. 😞

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

31 REPLIES 31

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Marksvegplot

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear of the phone line issue. I can see from a system check you've called us to report this and we've raised an outage for you. Should be fixed in next 4-6 hours but if not do pop back and we'll assist further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John_GS;
Thanks for your response, but I would still like to know how I can report a phone fault when my phone line is not working. Is there somewhere on the Virgin Media website where I can quickly and easily report a fault?

Thanks for coming back to me. OK so if you have a mobile you can call us, 150 (Virgin Media phone) 0345 454 1111 (non Virgin Media phone). You could also use our WhatsApp Messenger on 07305327112 and we can assist further 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

OK, thanks.

Lozlas
Tuning in

Absolutely agree virgin is terrible sick and tired of the stupidity. Online under landline issues it says 'call us from your virgin telephone' how stupid is that when your virgin media phone is not working. Then whatsapp give robot questions and answers only to tell you to ring a 0345 number from where if your phone is broke. Cost of ringing from mobile for my service providers 45p per minute, you ring kept holding for ages probably amount to an hour that's 20 pounds, disgusting.

Ive no landline and i am on payg mobile so im stuck and i am totally homebound and reliant on my landline to communicate with family and friends and I ring my elderly mother who lives alone twice a day same time to check she is ok. Yet i cant get any help. This country and service providers is totally rubbish they dont care about anyone.

Online service status comes back ok yet ive tried 2 phones and no dialing tone, no idea what to do

This is rubbish advice and no help. How can you ring from your virgin phone when it doesnt work and how about telling people the cost of ringing a 0345 number from their mobile especially when your kept waiting for ages and that whatsapp does nothing.

Why dont virgin just put a online form you can fill in if your phone isnt working? Oh that would be too simple. We need a actual person or a actual way of contacting. Iam totally homebound and need my phone and i cant get help

John

It be most helpful, save a lot of time and frustration for users if this information (call 150 etc) was included on the main virgin support page. We lost connection this afternoon on our landline. As ever when checking status I was advised no problems in my area, whereas on 150, after confiming my location and surname I was advised there is a problem and engineers are working on it. 

I tried the other number you mentioned, beforehand,  and was told this line is not available to our network?

Hi @Lozlas

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the land line service.

I've taken a look at things on our end and can see there is currently an outage on the line.

Unfortunately, there is no further information available at this time for this issue. Rest assured, our team are working hard to get things up and running again.

I do apologise for any inconvenience this service interruption may cause. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide