Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Getting overcharged on home phonecalls

Hi,

Every month when my direct debit is due virginmedia surprises me with extra calls that I have'nt made on my home phone, in fact I never use my home phone, only for 999 calls, as I can get free landline anytime calls on my mobile.

I have argued this before with the virginmedia's call centre's and they have deducted the charges, however due to this pandemic I can no longer get through to any call centres, and yes I have tried the live chat/virtual assistant, but no one replies.

So I wondered has anyone else been charged for fictitious numbers, as I called the numbers that were on my recent bill, using my mobile phone to see who they were, but it turned out to be a fax machine number.

Why I would want to make a phone call to a fax machine on my home phone, when I don't possess a fax machine is ridiculous, so why am I being charged every month for it.

Hope someone has an answer, cause I'm at my wits end.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting overcharged on home phonecalls

HI Maninachair, VM tech here it is possible that there is a fault on your line causing this, that being the case somebody will have to take a look at this as you can imagine our lines are very busy at the minute but we are offering assitance via text 07533051809 i hope this helps.

if my answer was helpful please like.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos