cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Virgin Media to actually do some work, and most importantly, respond to emails

mashunt
Joining in

Just what does one have to do to get Virgin Media to take any action. Trying to find an email address for them is akin to discussing quantum physics with the Army of the Dead, or what they had for lunch that day. Complaints, when an email address does not bounce back as 'Sorry, we do not pick up mails from this mailbox', are merely responded with a ' Request to close your complaint', when they have not even responded to the complaint.

Furthermore, having recently received their 'mandatory 'we're switching you to our fibre network', I emailed asking how a 75mm adaptor was supposed to join two items 30feet apart [two passages, a flight of stairs, and half a room away from each other'. Naturally no response, just another 'close complaint request'. Being forced into having to call Virgin Media - I really need to increase the number of languages I speak  when calling Virgin Media - it took over 35 mins to finally get through to the 'support worker' that an engineer's visit was required to install a connection. Installation day arrived - timescale 1.00pm to 6.00pm. No engineer. 6.15pm - I was getting ready to go out - engineer turns up, and after viewing the amount off work involved, was not really interested in carrying it out at that time, left stating that a new appointment would be arranged. True to form, NO new appointment, and without a phone now [since being cut off since the 15th], no means of contacting Virgin Media other than email - which, as I have said many times, never gets responded to.

So, can anybody tell me how I can get my phone back, and for Virgin Media to provide a proper email contact service for complaints etc - other than the Media of course!

4 REPLIES 4

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello mashunt.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with you landline and contacting us by email.

We would not that method of contact as we would not have the manpower to monitor it 24 hours a day.
I'd like to take a look into this for you though. Sounds lie your home set up needs us to attend and look at a rewire. 
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Client62
Legend

How about you pick up the phone and move it to be next to the VM Hub. 

If like most folks you have cordless phone (and not some antiques road show item) just plug the base unit into the Hub and it is all sorted.

The whole purpose of my 'cordless telephone' NOT being close to the hub, is so that it can remain my downstairs passage - away from everyone - in order for the answerphone to kick in on all incoming calls, and thereby NOT disturb my life. Moving the hub so that it is near to the phone, is also out of the question as I would need to fit a dedicated shelf - high up on the wall so that it is out of the way, along with a run of lidded cable containment to hide the cables running down the wall to the wall sockets - which I am not prepared to do.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

There are some different options in this topic

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Using-extension-phones-after-switch-to-fibre/m-p/541...

Default cut/paste answer to the question of phone extensions is ...

Ask VM to modify your home phone wiring so you can use your existing landline extension sockets via the phone connection from the VM hub.

VM should offer to do this free of charge for you as part of the switchover process.

Make sure they make modifications to your phone wiring so you can keep each piece of equipment in the same place (rather than the offer which sometimes crops up on here to move the hub to a different location)

Refer here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/switchover

Do I need to book a technician visit? You’ll need to book a free technician visit if...

• You rely on your landline for accessibility needs or don’t have a mobile to make an emergency call – we’ll provide you with an Emergency Back Up Line so you’re always able to call emergency services.
• You’ve got connected devices such as a burglar alarm linked to a control centre, use a telecare device, or have other phones connected to extension sockets. You’ll need to contact your provider and let them know about the switch if you have any of these to make sure they’re compatible with a fibre service.
• The Hub and your home phone can’t be placed near each other.