Menu
Richardjlewis_1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Frustrating Virgin in closing resolution, when not is resolved

Ref:Customer account number: [REMOVED]
Complaint reference: [REMOVED]

I raised a complaint (see ref above) about having my phoneline down for over a month and the frustration in trying many ways to get Virgin to repair it (phone, messaging, writing and online complaints, finally getting an engineers appt. when contacting this forum).  I've just received an email from Virgin that as Virgin couldn't contact me and I didn't contact Virgin, I therefore must be happy with the resolution.

There was no resolution, no proposal on compensation and NO discussion.

The email suggested you tried to contact me.  WHEN? No email, no phone record or messages left on voicemail.  I have no proof that Virgin bothered. Also, the latest letter was dated 11th December, ID [REMOVED], barely 11 days ago.  Virgin haven't offered a contact number to discuss directly or an email that is possible to respond to.

Virgin is the most frustrating company I've ever dealt with, impossible to usefully contact unless it's by waiting on the phone for over an hour (my mobile, at my expense) and then being cut off.

Virgin has not resolved my issue, not engaged or tried to engage me.

Virgin have left me no choice but to now contact CISAS as Virgin are obviously not making any real effort to resolve, just to manoeuvre to avoid addressing the request for compensation.

I do not want this complaint to be closed as it has not been resolved. 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Frustrating Virgin in closing resolution, when not is resolved

Thanks for the post Richardjlewis_1.

Please don't post your account information on the public forum. 

Has your landline since been fixed? 

If you have found no resolution within 8 weeks this would be when you can take this to CISAS.

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Richardjlewis_1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Good morning Emily,

Many thanks for your prompt response

After many times using every possible means of trying to get Virgin to respond, the only response was from this help forum, eventually, 5 weeks later, when an engineer was arranged and the land line was repaired.  

In trying to get Virgin to send an engineer, within the letter I wrote, in the many online complaints, in the several messaging conversations, and finally this forum, I also requested compensation for not having the phoneline service (virgin still billed me), and for the frustration and stress of trying to get Virgin to repair my landline. 

The main stress at this time was that our very vulnerable elderly parents will only contact us via a landline and my visits to them are limited during this Covid crisis, so I was constantly worried about their well being.  This I also explained in all my correspondence, without any urgent response from Virgin.  

I do NOT want the complaint to be closed, reference was attached to initial posting, it has not been resolved, there has been no discussion to suggest this has been resolved.

Please can you confirm that this complaint will not be closed, that Virgin will not close this complaint in a set time and will only be closed when this matter is discussed with me and a resolution found.

For Virgins information, I've kept screen shots of messaging, references to number of times I requested repair of landline, my letter I wrote to Virgin complaints in Sunderland and these forum discussions to present to ISCAS.

This help forum was the one thing I was impressed with as the help forum representatives did arrange an engineer, and I'm hoping you can initiate a resolution for refunding my landline subscription and compensation for my time to complain to Virgin, my frustration and stress.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I did just want to confirm if the landline had since been fixed by the team, if this was a full loss of the service over 48 hours the Ofcom automatic compensation scheme should credit the account. Was this not the case? 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Richardjlewis_1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

i had loss of phone land line for over a month, I reported it in many ways and sent a letter on 28th October, a week after losing the land line as I didn't get a response from messaging or on line complaints.

I couldn't use the landline 150 number to report it as it wasn't working.  I did try and ring using my mobile, when it first happened but first call I was on the mobile for 45 minutes and had to then do something else, second time, after a long wait, I ended up on an open line and third time after I finally spoke to someone I was cut off after being transferred.  This used pretty much all of my monthly mobile minutes, so I used online complaints and messaging.  These weren't being responded to that's when I wrote the letter.  The only real response that resolved the issue was to the help forum when an engineers appointment was made and the line landline repaired on the 28th November a month later.

kind regards,

Rich

0 Kudos
Richardjlewis_1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry Emily,

Just realised I didn't answer the question directly, I haven't had any notification or knowledge of any payments, I'm still being billed as or all monthly.

i must admit I'm now looking for a recompense for my frustration, stress, time in trying to get Virgin to repair the line and loss of service.

kind regards,

Rich

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to us @Richardjlewis_1 

If the landline issue has been fixed and the automatic compensation policy hasn't been triggered we would be able to look further into this. 

Please do confirm that the fault with the landline has now been resolved. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
Richardjlewis_1
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zak

The landline has been repaired and now working, it was down for over a month.

kind regards,

Rich

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me. 

I am going to drop you a PM so that we can get some account information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Richardjlewis_1
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zac

Sorry for delayed response but haven't checked in since beginning of Xmas.

i didn't find your PM so haven't responded, could you resend.

thanks,

Rich

0 Kudos