Menu
jrlvm
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Fourth day of no landline after upgrade to Hub 4

Virgin Media offered me a free upgrade to their new Hub 4. I installed it on Tuesday, following the installation guide. Since then, my landline, which is attached to the hub’s TEL 1 port, has been switched off!

The hub’s settings page did say telephony was disabled to begin with. After calling Virgin Media’s phone number to activate, and after restarting the hub many times, it now says telephony is ready, which I suppose is progress.

I have also tried holding down the hub’s WPS button, but to no avail.

Four days without a landline!

I must say, I get more sense out of this forum than Virgin Media’s call centre, so I’m hopeful someone will come to my rescue again!

Thank you in advance.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fourth day of no landline after upgrade to Hub 4

Sorry to hear of the problems that you're having with your landline jrlvm.

I have looked into your account and the system did a line test late last night and has passed, the number is showing as fully active on your account. Do you have any dial tone on the handset at the moment?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
jrlvm
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the reply, Steven. Sorry I did not respond sooner. I did ask the forum to automatically email me when someone replied. Even that does not work, it seems!

Well, good news! What I did not mention was I have a CPR CallBlocker V2000 attached to my phone. It was working perfectly well with my old hub. When I had the problems with the new one, straightaway I tried disconnecting it, but at that time, it made no difference. Well, something must have changed recently, because I just disconnected and reconnected it and now I have a dial tone! Hallelujah!

Thank you again for kind attention.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi jrlvm,

Thanks for coming back to us with an update, glad to hear your phone is now working, apologies again for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
jrlvm
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, Paul. 🙂

0 Kudos