Menu
SiWil
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Fixed line calls - why have i been charged £2.30 for a Sunday call to a local number in my weekend deal

I called a friend of mine using our landline on Sunday, his phone is just a regular fixed line set up like my own, but I noticed a cost for this on my latest bill of £2.30

0 Kudos
goslow
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fixed line calls - why have i been charged £2.30 for a Sunday call to a local number in my weekend de

Did your call last over 60 minutes?

0 Kudos
SiWil
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fixed line calls - why have i been charged £2.30 for a Sunday call to a local number in my weekend de

Hi, yes it did, 70 mins

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

only the first 60 minutes are free. Hand up and redial at 60 minutes as agreed int he terms
0 Kudos
goslow
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@SiWil wrote:

Hi, yes it did, 70 mins

Check out the pricing info. here for your call package and expand the 'Show info +' section

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/phone/compare

Calls upto 60 min are free and chargeable after that so you need to redial before 60 min to avoid being charged.

Full PDF downloads of costs at the bottom of that same page.

The query crops up on the forum quite a lot.

0 Kudos
SiWil
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I’ll not make the same mistake in future

i think Virgin have not got the landline approach right in my opinion, there seems to be no middle ground, it’s either extortionate because you’re out of the contractual terms or otherwise limited by catch outs of all kinds, could really do with reviewing this aspect

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I don't get why people use landlines at all.
get yourself a £7/month mobile sim with unlimited calls and drop the line
0 Kudos