cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FibrePhone Adaptor Change over

MicksterMan
On our wavelength

I have heard it all now – Informed last week that Virgin Media are upgrading the phone system and moving to Fibre Phone; a good idea - progress.  They have sent us an Adaptor to plug into my Wi-Fi Router so I can reconnector the Phone.  Only the problem is my Router is in the Attic and my phone is downstairs in the study, 30 feet away.   We requested and engineer as offered to sort it the wiring but the old phones get turned off on 7th Nov and I have to wait for a technical visit until 7th Dec.  Virgin wouldn’t entertain cancelling a phone charge because the service in deemed available. I did suggest I get a Telecoms engineer in to fix it and charge them, but they weren’t going to accept that.  So, to top it all the Virgin Media customer service Rep said I will have to go in the loft to make and receive calls.  For all out friends and family who contact us on the Landline we will be unavailable until at least until 7th Dec, so please contact us through other means.  GOOD ONE VIRGIN MEDIA not surprised that they are only 2 Stars on Trustpilot.

So the question is what to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response, just to clarify has your date not changed from the 7th December?

Let us know,

Kain

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MicksterMan

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your migration date and the available appointments to move your router closer to your phone. I can see you have spoken with us today and had the date brought closer to the earliest available date for us to complete this work. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns regarding this, we'll be here to support if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thanks for reading my message. Unfortunately, your response doesn't add any value and leaves me without a land line for a Month. Maybe time to switch to an alternative supplier.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response, just to clarify has your date not changed from the 7th December?

Let us know,

Kain

@MicksterMan wrote:

Thanks for reading my message. Unfortunately, your response doesn't add any value and leaves me without a land line for a Month. Maybe time to switch to an alternative supplier.

Unfortunately, switching to another supplier won't necessarily help as all suppliers are changing to a phone-via-router type of connection.

https://www.futureofvoice.co.uk/

If your VM hub is in the loft, do you have any ethernet network cabling from the loft going to other rooms in the house?

Yes, we have 4 ethernet outlets that go to various rooms.

The date I was informed earlier today is for the 7th Dec.

Maybe other suppliers will deal with it in a more professional and customer focussed way.

A local friend of mine has identified a similar issue and has just contacted VM with this response 

"so I rang VM and they are sending an engineer on 25 Nov and they were going to charge me £25 but after speaking to the operators boss this has been waived. I also said I won’t have a phone for 18 days and they said they would compensate me for loss of service when I was back up and running. The proof of the pudding will be when it’s fixed and I’ve not paid for the change and received compensation"

So it shows you can be helpful - I look forward to an improved date.

Hi @MicksterMan,

I can see from our systems our team brought the date forward for you. If you sign into your online account, you should be able to see this under my appointments. 

Let me know if there's any issues.

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs