cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre phones

Heather
Joining in

Can someone advise me I have had email saying my phoneline will stop working on 10th July no year so assume 2023. I thought this was happening in 2025.

I have the following questions:

1. No phone near the hub and no where to put one which would be easy to access

2. My husband doesn't use a mobile and my mobile signal is not good.

3. Will phones that plug in to sockets still work? i.e. main phone with answer machine 

4. Assume cordless phones will work? 

Thank you for any assistance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for coming back to us @Heather.

All functions that were available to you on the former copper based service, would also be available on our router based service, unless the removal of this has been requested.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Heather,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.

Yes it will be for this year, if a year isn't mentioned, the lines are closing by 2025 but we are choosing to carry out the migration in your area in July of this year.

1. No phone near the hub and no where to put one which would be easy to access

We can arrange for your hub or router to be relocated as part of the changeover.

2. My husband doesn't use a mobile and my mobile signal is not good.

3. Will phones that plug in to sockets still work? i.e. main phone with answer machine 

We can also arrange for extensions to be installed as part of the changeover

4. Assume cordless phones will work? 

Yes cordless phones will work as long as the base unit is plugged into your router.

Hope this help with your questions 👍

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven

Thank for your quick response. In the email it says they are sending adaptor but will Virgin contact me to arrange home visit to discuss/see requirements?

The hub is located where the cable box/ tv is  so unable to move it and its not a suitable place for a phone for easy access.

Thank you 
Heather

Thanks for coming back to me Heather.

Will Virgin contact me to arrange home visit to discuss/see requirements?

We wont contact you to arrange this, the email should show that you need to get in touch with us but I can arrange for a visit from here. If you'd like me to do that, we would need to take some details over a private message to arrange the visit.

We could move the hub to a more suitable location for you, so that you could have the phone and router together as part of the visit

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thank you for your help

I will give them a call to arrange a visit

Thanks again

Heather

We can arrange the visit from here, if you'd like to do it over here instead of calling into the team.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven

Sorry for delay in getting back. Please can you arrange a visit as our landline is still making a noise just a different one from before. 

Thanks Heather 

Hi @Heather thanks for getting back to us.

I am sorry to hear you've still got ongoing issues with your landline. I would love to help you resolve this. I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Heather, thanks for getting back to me privately.  
This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Please bear in mind, you can manage your account from here. Your online account, will give you access to your bills, show your package details, diagnose any possible faults and monitor any orders and appointments you may have. 
Regards
Lee_R

Thank you for info and all your help arranging an appointment for a technician to call. Just a quick question will we still get caller ID?

Thanks again

Heather