cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre phone upgrade

Canarytops1
On our wavelength

I'm trying to get my head around these posts and the Virgin Letter which advises "we will send you an adaptor to connect your home phone to your wifi hub". Is this actually the "main wired" phone to the hub or the "master" cable that the service enters the house with.

I've uploaded two photos, the first shows the "master [copper] cable" entry to the house and the Virgin gizzmos it goes to. The second shows the location of my hub relative to the first. 

So if the (new) adaptor plus into the old master cable and the hub I assume all is well as they are less than 2 metres apart. If however it has to be plugged into the "master cabled phone (with answerphone)" which is in a different room (approx. 12 metres distant) looks as if I have a problem ?

I'd really like to see a "diagram" that shows devices distance limitations. I have one other hard-wired extension, all other rooms have cordless extensions (to the master base unit).

I'm also unclear if a virgin engineer is to attend every conversion or whether it's meant to be "simple" enough for the householder to connect ?20211110_160629.jpg20211110_160650.jpg

14 REPLIES 14

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @Sigma

Yes, we plan to move all landlines over by the end of 2022. 

No worries, please let us know once you've decided and we'll advise further. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Would I be able to get a Superhub 5 if I paid a fee, and if so, how much would it be?

The latest Hub available to customers at this time is the Hub 4.

Rob

That's just not true. You are offering them as upgrades to people with a Superhub 3, even if they are only on lower tier packages like 200Mbps.

There's a long thread about it here: -

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Superhub-5/td-p/4846270

So why can't I get one?

Hi Sigma, they hub 5 has not been released yet and if you are eligible when it is you will receive an email. - Chris