cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre phone switchover - What Phone do I need ?

FairyFeet1964
Tuning in

My switchover day for the fibre phone was 29/04/22, adaptor received ok and attached correctly to hub, we have a Panasonic answerphone system with total three handsfree phones model main one KX-TGD320E was working fine in old system in wall but now just shows "check phone line" have tried all connections and rebooted hub to no avail

Tried to call for help but Virgin could only suggest sending engineer - I honestly don't think this would fix issue I suspect more likely phones are a bit dated circa 2015?  don't want to waste engineers time when someone else might need if I just need to swap out phones - so here's question what triple phones are working in the new system?   Lady on Virgin helpline could only tell me DECT phones but am sure must be more info somewhere have tried looking and sure am not only one with issue.  

Thanks for reading this and for any help you can give me - much appreciated 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From the customer side nothing changes. With the exception of very old landline phones, any phone working on the current landline system will also work on the hub based lines with the provided adaptor.

Have you lost the dial tone on the old fixed line? If you haven’t then the switchover has been delayed. There are several posts here from customers due to be switched this weekend where it hasn’t happened. I would give VM a call if the old landline is still working.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Fibre-phone-still-not-switched-over-one-day-after-ch... 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From the customer side nothing changes. With the exception of very old landline phones, any phone working on the current landline system will also work on the hub based lines with the provided adaptor.

Have you lost the dial tone on the old fixed line? If you haven’t then the switchover has been delayed. There are several posts here from customers due to be switched this weekend where it hasn’t happened. I would give VM a call if the old landline is still working.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Fibre-phone-still-not-switched-over-one-day-after-ch... 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you so much @nodrogd for your very helpful reply - we have just checked and indeed the original landline is still fully functioning with dial tone - strangely we hadn't checked that as assumed had since day had passed had to go with the new method, am surprised that Virgin didn't tell us that on phone, their solution was to suggest sending out an engineer which though sounded a bit of an overkill as we knew our phones worked (in old system) & knew hub worked just thought maybe our phones were too old for the switchover perhaps (purchased post 2015). So before I dash out panic buying I will await a new date, so thank you for your help it was most appreciated 🙂