cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre phone switch

GillianR1
Joining in

I didn't receive an adapter for my phone and now cannot dial out.  I've already dialed 150 however the BOT doesn't support this issue.  I've been directed to WhatsApp but this BOT doesn't support the issue either.  What are my options?

4 REPLIES 4

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi GillianR1,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums!

I'm sorry to hear you did not receive an adapter for your home phone to connect to your hub.

Sadly these adapters aren't something we supply or can send out to customers. However they are called RJ11 adapters and can be purchased inexpensively online or from most hardware stores 🙂

Hope that helps! Let me know if you need anything else

Beth

I received an email to say an adapter would be sent:

"We recently got in touch to let you know that your home phone will be switched to our fibre network on 25 April. We’ll send you an adapter in the post, so keep an eye out for it as you’ll need to connect your phone to your WiFi Hub to avoid any issues."

Why was this sent if information is incorrect?

Hi GillianR1,

RJ11 adapters are usually sent over automatically when you upgrade to VoIP phone services, however we are unable to send replacements and don't have the option to manually send them out. Sorry for any confusion. I do appreciate that you haven't received the original, so I'll pop you over a PM now so I can look into this for you.

Please look out for my message over at the purple envelope

Thanks

Beth

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Has something changed recently in this regard?

I can recall dozens of past topics where a missing phone adapter has been sent via the forum team, either posted or dropped off and put through the door by a passing technician.

e.g. incorrect info provided here recently at message #2

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Home-phone-not-working-for-3-weeks/td-p/4936594

then corrected on a duplicate post here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Home-phone-to-hub3-adapter/m-p/4936642

at message #4 and adapter offered