cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre phone intermitent dial tone

AlanJWhite
Joining in

Having been switched to fibre phone today I checked and found that an existing call divert was not active. I rediverted succesfully but it seems to have caused the dial tone to change to intermitent. I am happy enough to have this, but should it not have been explained in the guides to switching. Has this happened to anyone else?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Once I have set the divert, the normal constant dial tone changes to intermitent tone, which remains until I cancel the divert. I assume this must be a reminder that incoming calls are diverted and I am fine with this if this is the case. It would have been thoughtful to mention this in the set up guides as it did not happen prior to switching.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi AlanJWhite,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with the phone line. 

To confirm, do you mean that the divert is intermittent or that when you attempt to call out your dial tone is intermittent?

^Martin

Once I have set the divert, the normal constant dial tone changes to intermitent tone, which remains until I cancel the divert. I assume this must be a reminder that incoming calls are diverted and I am fine with this if this is the case. It would have been thoughtful to mention this in the set up guides as it did not happen prior to switching.

Thank you for clarifying that. From what you have advised that does sound correct. My apologies you weren't advised of that. 

^Martin