cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre phone connection

PamJB
Joining in

I have received the new fibre phone adapter but the socket for my phone line is in a different room from my hub so I am not able to connect the phone line to the hub.

3 REPLIES 3

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @PamJB 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forum. We can certainly assist you with your phone/Hub location, we would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss this and resolve. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@PamJB wrote:

I have received the new fibre phone adapter but the socket for my phone line is in a different room from my hub so I am not able to connect the phone line to the hub.

Ask VM (via the VM forum team on here) to modify your home phone wiring so you can use your existing landline extension sockets via the phone connection from the VM hub.

VM should offer to do this free of charge for you as part of the switchover process.

Make sure they make modifications to your phone wiring so you can keep each piece of equipment in the same place (rather than the offer which sometimes crops up on here to move the hub to a different location)

Refer here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/switchover

Do I need to book a technician visit?

You’ll need to book a free technician visit if...

• You rely on your landline for accessibility needs or don’t have a mobile to make an emergency call – we’ll provide you with an Emergency Back Up Line so you’re always able to call emergency services.
  • You’ve got connected devices such as a burglar alarm linked to a control centre, use a telecare device, or have other phones connected to extension sockets. You’ll need to contact your provider and let them know about the switch if you have any of these to make sure they’re compatible with a fibre service.
  • The Hub and your home phone can’t be placed near each other.

Alternatively, a cordless phone system allows you to use phones around the home with no wiring modifications or disruption. Plug the cordless base station into the VM hub and use the cordless satellite phones around your home as required. If you already have a cordless system, you may be able to add in another cordless satellite phone to the existing setup as/if required. If you needed to buy a cordless phone system, to avoid any rewiring work, this would be at a cost to you

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @PamJB 

Thank you for coming back to me via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for your home switchover relocation.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this by reaching out to us here or calling 📞 0345 454 1111.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Sabrina