cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 'phone changeover

martip
On our wavelength

This may have been asked before, so apologies.

Our copper 'phone line was yesterday changed to the VOIP fibre network through our Hub3. Our engineer (Dean) was very helpful and resolved our setup of multiple 'phone sockets around the house. However one of the 'phones exhibits a regular "pulsing" type noise when picked up and used. Dean suggested trying an ADSL filter, which I have done, but this does not improve matters. Other 'phones are fine and the troublesome 'phone still exhibits the problem in other sockets. Can the forum team help?

On another note

In the past, if our broadband failed I could call 151 from the landline, free of charge, to report and get assistance.

How would I now report a broadband outage without incurring any costs, since the 'phone line is now served over the broadband?

TIA

Broadband / Phone
5 REPLIES 5

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello martip,

We appreciate you taking the time to post in regards to the recent changes to your landline services and the problems with one of the handsets.

We're happy to help in regards to the 'pulsing' issue, is this the same if you change the handset?

We also have these contact methods available or you can send your query to 07533016422 and we’ll text you back. We’re here 8am-11pm Monday to Friday, 8am-8pm on Saturday and Sunday. You can also check here and run tests which will then let you raise any issues.

Rob

martip
On our wavelength

Hi Rob,

Thanks for a prompt response,and I apreciate the info on contact numbers. I'm assuming those numbers etc will not incur cost?

As I stated concerning the 'phone "noise": all other handsets are fine,  the handset with the problem acts the same in other sockets,and other instruments do  not exhibit the problem when plugged into the socket used by the "noisy" 'phone.

Martin

Broadband / Phone

That sounds like it is a handset issue if it happens only on that device. You can text the team via data app like What's App which would be free and the 03 number would depend on your mobile tariff and if 03 numbers are included in your allowances?

Rob

martip
On our wavelength

Thank you for the extra info Rob, and for your very prompt replies.

Martin

Broadband / Phone

You're welcome Martin, if you do have any issues or any queries please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Rob