cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre phone adaptor

TEAK36
Tuning in

Just received a package from VM containing a phone adaptor and advising that I am being switched to a fibre phone. I am to plug adaptor into VM hub once I receive a letter advising a date to do this. My problem is that I use the VM hub only as a modem and have it connected to a different router as part of a mesh set up.The only 3 available ports on my router are LAN ports. Does this mean I cannot have a fibre phone? Do I need some kind of additional adaptor that allows me to connect VM adaptor to LAN?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello TEAK36

Thanks for posting in regards to the upcoming changes to your landline service. We appreciate you taking the time to post on the forums in regards to this and are happy to advise.

The Hub can be in Modem mode and not impact the telephone service. The adapter is used in one of the phone ports and doesn't need an ethernet port at all.

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You connect the adapter to the TEL1 socket on the VM hub (works in modem or router mode). You then just plug in an ordinary phone to the VM adapter.

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello TEAK36

Thanks for posting in regards to the upcoming changes to your landline service. We appreciate you taking the time to post on the forums in regards to this and are happy to advise.

The Hub can be in Modem mode and not impact the telephone service. The adapter is used in one of the phone ports and doesn't need an ethernet port at all.

Rob