cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre phone adaptor

BarneyS73
Tuning in

Quick question on the new adaptor……

Do I HAVE to use this adaptor in the back of my super hub My phone base is an RJ11 connection so can I not just use an RJ11 to RJ11 extension cable straight from my phone base and go directly into my super hub TEL 1 without the Virgin supplied adaptor….  I really don’t get what the adaptor is there for 🤔🤯🤨

Thanks in advance for anyone who has using this/tried this already 

2 REPLIES 2

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi BarneyS73

Thanks for posting. The adapter is more if the cable itself won't go into the router telephone port.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/install-home-phone - see more here 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@BarneyS73 wrote:

Quick question on the new adaptor……

Do I HAVE to use this adaptor in the back of my super hub My phone base is an RJ11 connection so can I not just use an RJ11 to RJ11 extension cable straight from my phone base and go directly into my super hub TEL 1 without the Virgin supplied adaptor….  I really don’t get what the adaptor is there for 🤔🤯🤨

Thanks in advance for anyone who has using this/tried this already 

You could use a RJ11 to RJ11 cable but you would need to ensure the required pins from the hub's phone socket (centre two pins 3 and 4) connect through to the appropriate pins on your phone base. Often RJ11 cables look like they will work but are wired in a different way internally so no connection is actually made end to end.

You can also find some phone manufacturers require their own phone line cord to be used for similar reasons, hence the VM adapter allows the original phone line cord to be used.