cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre phone Adaptor - different rooms

AnnetteZem
Joining in

I have received a new fibre phone adaptor, which it seems I have no choice in converting to, even though my experience of fibre phones at work is very poor. My problem, like many others is the main phone line is in one room and the hub in another. That is the way I want it to stay. I don’t want to have the phone or the hub moving. 

What will Virgin do to resolve this issue?

18 REPLIES 18

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello AnnetteZem. 

Thanks for posting this question.

We can look at relocating the Hub to a suitable location for Phone if that helps.

Please let me know if you wish to go ahead with this as I can book this in for you.

Gareth_L

Hello Gareth, I don’t want either relocating for many reasons. The phone needs to be in one room and the hub in another. I also don’t have the room to relocate the phone unit close to the hub. 

Is there no other solution?

Hi AnnetteZem,

I am waiting on our Project Team to come back to me with an answer and solution.

As its late afternoon now, It may be tomorrow before I have an update.

Gareth_L 

Hello AnnetteZem, 

We are able to arrange a technician to attend and connect so you don't have to relocate any equipment. 

Sorry for the delay, I was waiting on a response.

Gareth_L

fatmanpeters
Joining in

I was told by one of your engineers that we would have to move one or the other as you don’t supply the cable or boxes to reach our other room he showed us we would need to buy our own extension cable and he wouldn’t leave it as it was and had to enable the new system why in earth didn’t virgin think of making a new hub like box for phones to be added through co-axle cable that runs everything from virgin media 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response fatmanpeters,

Just to clarify, was this a recent appointment you had?

Cheers,

Kain

Sweetie86
Joining in

the hub is upstairs and the phone connection comes through the wall downstairs, is there a solution to connecting the adapter to the phone? Ian Lower

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Sweetie86 wrote:

the hub is upstairs and the phone connection comes through the wall downstairs, is there a solution to connecting the adapter to the phone? Ian Lower

Yes, get VM to link your existing extension sockets to the phone socket on the back of the hub.

They should do this free of charge as part of the switchover.

A customer explains what is involved below in a recent topic

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Why-must-I-move-my-phones-and-plug-them-into-the-vir...

VM are not very reliable in offering this though, even though their phone switchover info says they will do it.

Edit: Steven_L has improved VM's reliability score by offering you the service!! Kudos.

Wait for a VM forum team member to get here within a day or two and assist you.

Hey @Sweetie86
Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
We can arrange for extensions to be installed in your home to help with connecting to the hub for your phone service as @goslow stated we can do this free of charge.

Would you like me to get an appointment arranged for this for you?

Regards,

Steven_L