cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Switch-over NR7

Canarytops1
On our wavelength

Morning all. Today was the cut-over date for phones in my area (ref 2 advisory letters) and I followed the configuration instructions for connecting my base unit to my router. No discernible lights at the router and phone shows "Check phone line". Rebooted router (Hub 3) to no avail.

Rang 150 on my mobile and being unable to talk to anyone was advised following a test my landline appeared to have a problem and an engineer will attend tomorrow.

When informing "management" that we had no landline she suggested trying the only "fixed" landline in the house which I always expected not to work. I was surprised find I had a dialiing tone and could make and receive calls. I then repositioned the base unit to it's old location and that also works although there isn't a dialling tone.

Service status shows no problems in my area.

Does anyone know if the cut-over in NR7 has been rolled back or have any other info. I'm loathe to cancel the engineer visit just in case ?!

3 REPLIES 3

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Canarytops1,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you have had issues with your Landline switch over.

We want to do our best to help from here. I can confirm the switchover is still due to take place as scheduled in your area. Therefore it is advised not to cancel any given appointments. Just to confirm, did you get an adapter and a set of instructions as seen here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone/virginphone/switchover? If so, please get back in contact with me, so I can further look into this backend and provide clarity.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes, I followed the instructions and after it didn't appear to work rebooted the router and it still didn't work. Confused as to why my (old) landline is still working ?

Thank you for your fast response @Canarytops1.

In this case, I am sending you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope on the top right-hand corner and respond when you can.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs