cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Phone change over

hertsmil
Joining in

Hello all for the last 7 weeks my father has been unable to make a call out on his virgin media home phone when you try to dial out it just goes straight through to virgin media help line, i have contacted virgin media two times now with no luck in getting the issue solved the last time i was on the phone to them for over two hours they kept getting me to do different things to the phone saying that they were doing test they also said that his phone was restricted and that his service would be turned off on the 28th September and the last thing was he told me to do was to unplug the phone from the wall socket for 30 seconds then plug it back in and he would call me back after he had run the test but he did not. i have tried 3 or 4 times since then to try and get through to virgin media but each time very long waiting times and i am unable to keep waiting as i am trying when on my breaks from work, also the problem is he has a wall mounted phone socket down stairs and his hub is upstairs, but also his hub is the old type 2 hub which has not phone socket on it, I have a type 3 hub that I don't use as i have type 4 now but not sure if i can swap it over to the type 3 hub because in was used on my account and he has his own account, i am doing all the sorting out on behalf of my father as he is 89 years old and hard of hearing and does not understand all the technical stuff but his home phone is his only form of contact as he does not have a mobile phone and i am getting worried that if something happened to him he would not be able to contact any one for help, if anyone knows how i might get this problem sorted or any advice one how i might be able to fix it that would be a great help. many thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi hertsmil, thank for the message and sorry to hear that there is an issue with the landline. 

I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into further. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi hertsmil, thanks for the PM. 

I am glad to see that this is on the way to becoming resolved. 

Please let us know how it goes. ^Chris.