cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Phone Switchover phone and home security system

fainbrog
Tuning in

Hi all,

Just had a phone adaptor through for fibre switchover later this month. We have a telephone and a home security system that has a phone backup, am I able to get a second adaptor on the Hub5 to make sure that both the telephone and alarm can still be connected?

Or, can I just use a phone splitter to plug two phone devices into the fibre adaptor?

If the former, admins, are you able to arrange a second adaptor is sent, please?

Many thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You just use a phone splitter. The second port on the hub is if you have 2 phone numbers.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @fainbrog thanks for your post here, we hope you're well!

As @Tudor has mentioned, a phone splitter will work fine here but if you are having any further issues once things have changed over, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Many thanks

Tom_W

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If your alarm system is currently running from a telephone extension socket, VM should offer to modify your home phone wiring after the switchover so that your existing telephone sockets become linked to the telephone socket on the VM hub. VM should do this free of charge as part of the switchover process.

Won’t I need a technician visit?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Jo2662 wrote:

Won’t I need a technician visit?

You'd do best to stick to your own/original topic. Multi-posting in different places is only likely to lead to confusion in replies and any possible assistance from VM.