cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Phone Cable

BaileyBrooke
Tuning in

Hello.

The new fibre phone cable we have been delivered will not reach our hub. The Hub is upstairs, and the in-wall phone cable is downstairs. What should I be doing?

Thanks,

Bailey

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Ask VM (via the VM forum team on here, when they reply to this topic) to modify your home phone wiring so you can use your existing landline extension sockets via the phone connection from the VM hub.

VM should offer to do this free of charge for you as part of the switchover process.

Make sure they make modifications to your phone wiring so you can keep each piece of equipment in the same place (rather than the offer which sometimes crops up on here to move the hub to a different location)

Refer here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/switchover

Do I need to book a technician visit?

You’ll need to book a free technician visit if...

• You rely on your landline for accessibility needs or don’t have a mobile to make an emergency call – we’ll provide you with an Emergency Back Up Line so you’re always able to call emergency services.
  • You’ve got connected devices such as a burglar alarm linked to a control centre, use a telecare device, or have other phones connected to extension sockets. You’ll need to contact your provider and let them know about the switch if you have any of these to make sure they’re compatible with a fibre service.
  • The Hub and your home phone can’t be placed near each other.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HI BaileyBrooke,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with setting up the phone line, just to clarify are you unable to co-locate the handset you have with where the Hub is placed? As that is all what's needed as opposed to the prior phone cable set up.

If not then our team will be able to support with this?

Regards,

Kain

Hi Kain, thanks for your swift response.

The phone line is plugged into the wall, downstairs, and the hub is in my bedroom, upstairs — I have no real way of getting the cable to the hub; as such our landline is currently down. We were delivered the new adapter, no problem, I just can’t use it.

Thanks,

Bailey

BaileyBrooke
Tuning in

Oh, sorry, I misread you. I don’t have a handset in my bedroom, no, the closest is in an alternate bedroom but that will not reach either.

Thanks for the reply @BaileyBrooke on the forums. 😇

I'm sorry to hear about the hub not reaching the landline.
We can arrange an appointment to get this moved for you so that both services work.

I will send a private message.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs