cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Phone Adaptor

Anarchy33
Joining in

My fibre phone adaptor has now arrived. My phone is not in the same room as the hub. Am I expected to move my phone?

6 REPLIES 6

VMUser1812
Fibre optic

To be honest, that would be the preferable option from VM’s perspective as it doesn’t cost them anything. However, they are obliged to send a tech down to make appropriate cabling changes to allow you to keep the phone where it is.

Effectively, somehow a phone-type cable has to be run between the hub and where the phone currently is, or where you want it to be. So think about the best way of doing this. In a day or so a member of the forum team will get to this thread and offer to arrange a tech appointment.

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Anarchy33 👋 Thank you for your query 😀

We can book a technician when customers can't place their phone near their Hub. Would you like us to go ahead and do that?

More information on our new Fibre landline service can be found here.

Thank you for your support @VMUser1812 👍

Regards,
Daniel

Many thanks. Think I might do away with the landline altogether! 

I guess so, but am contemplating doing away with the landline altogether! 

Hi @Anarchy33, thank you for your response.

If you're looking to remove the landline service completely, we'd suggest contacting the retentions team on 0345 454 1111 (Option one, then four, then two), or 150 from a Virgin Media landline or Virgin Mobile.

If, however, you change your mind and want to book a technician, please let us know.

Regards,
Daniel

Thank you.