cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Phone Adapter

caroline61
On our wavelength

We have received the adapter today.   My TV and Hub are in one corner of my living room and my landline in the other.  I do have a cordless phone in another room.  I do not want wires going round my room to facilitate this.  Can my cordless phone be plugged into the hub  so there is no disruption?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No worries at all Carloine61.

Please can you let me know if you have any problems.

Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello caroline61,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.

Regarding your question about plugging the cordless phone into the hub.

The Cordless phone and base can be plugged into the adapter.

Its hard to visualise the set up from here.

We can if needed connect the existing socket up for you, This will need an engineers visit though.

Gareth_L

Hi thanks for info. So if I plug my cordless phone onto the hub my landline will not have to be moved, is that right?

Hi caroline61,

Yes that correct. The Hub is now in a word the new Telephone socket.

As the majority of upgrades are done the same as yours. We do encounter a few people having to keep the phone in the new place next to the Hub.

But having cordless phones do fix this issue.

Gareth_L

Thanks Gareth, that is a relief. Thanks for your help.

No worries at all Carloine61.

Please can you let me know if you have any problems.

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth, we have just discovered that our landline has not been working for over two weeks!!    We have had no email to say to start using the  hub. as Virgin said they would send.   My husband has now put the hub into the box but the other end does not fit my cordless phone.   It only works on the landline which now is sitting on the floor next to my TV, NOT HAPPY.   Can you suggest anything else please ?

Sorry to hear your landline has been down @caroline61 We can understand the inconvenience that may have been caused. Just to confirm, have you received your adaptor and set up your landline as seen here  https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/fibre-phone-faqs If so, do you have a dial tone at all?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

caroline61
On our wavelength

Hi only did this today to try and see if it worked and it did.   The letter we got enclosing the hub said it would let us know when to start using it.   We heard nothing.   I was advised that my cordless phone adapter would do the trick but the virgin end does not fit our phone adapter and we now have to go out and purchase a LONG extension,   What a stupid ides Virgin had doing this and for not to  tell us to start using it is just incompetence.  I have missed a friends funeral as nobody could get in touch with me, only having my landline.   Thanks anyway,

We truly apologise for the inconvenience caused by this @caroline61 We will take your feedback onboard and pass it on to the relevant team for quality training and improvement. Just to clarify, this changeover is being done by many internet service providers as seen here https://www.futureofvoice.co.uk/

Please let us know if you need any further help and we will be happy to assist.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs