cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Phone Adapter - no switchover date

TonyMc333
Joining in

My landline phone connection failed several weeks ago. When I eventually got through to VM customer support I was advised that I'd receive an adapter to connect via router. This arrived and I waited a few days but then connected it and phone. It doesn't work - is this because I have not received a switchover date? Any advice would be great. BTW I am not on fibre - coax connection

3 REPLIES 3

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello TonyMc333.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Sorry though to hear about no landline after the switchover.

I did run a quick check on the line from here and can see you have a service technician booked to come out.

You can check the time and date here 

If you are unable to see it, please let me know and I can send the details by private messaging.

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for you message and getting involved, yes there is a techie due today. However I'm trying to avoid yet more waste of time. So:
1. I have not been given a switch over date, so unclear if this has happened.
2. I have a Hub 3 connected to the network via coax not fibre - also not clear to me if Fibre Phone Adapter will work.
Are you able to enlighten me please

Cheers

Tony

Hi Tony.

Happy to take a look at this for you.

If you haven't got a dial tone and the techie is dues today, We can make sure the fibre switchover gets arranged during the visit.

The majority of customer that report a line fault and have a techie going out get switched over.

It saves a return journey later on down the line.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the Logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L