cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Network Move

Ruffy19
Joining in

My phone line stopped working. I phoned on 12th April and was advised that I had been migrated on 2nd March and disconnected on 29th March. All without warning. I was eventually put through to retentions who apologised and advised that a new hub would be sent out, the phone line would be reconnected and as I specifically requested, I would still have the same phone number I have had for the past 22 years. 

The hub arrived on 14th April and the phone line appeared to have been activated a short while later. However, it has been activated with a different phone number, despite being advised that I wouldn't lose the number held for 22 years 

On holiday last week so phone today and after 30 mins was eventually advised that there was nothing Virgin could do as my original number is held by BT. The only advice Virgin could give was for me to contact BT to see if I could obtain my number back! This is completely unacceptable. Virgin disconnected my old copper line without warning and subsequently transferred me to their fibre phone service with a new phone number, so it is Virgin who should sort this with BT if necessary, not me. 

Sort it out please Virgin....I have been a customer for donkeys years!!!

20 REPLIES 20

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ruffy19, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that this is happened and we would send emails regarding the switchover and to get in touch. 

I will send you a private message to get this looked at and if it is with BT they are under no obligation to give the number back as they own it. 

Please look out for the purple envelope. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

Ruffy19
Joining in

Hi Chris

I can categorically confirm that no emails regarding this transfer were received from Virginmedia or anyone else.

Thanks

Hi Ruffy19. 

If you search for switchover this should be there, this may be in the junk folder, 

Have you spoken to BT regarding this and if so, what was advised?

Kind regards, Chris? 

Hi Chris, no nothing in inbox or spam including 'switchover' and I haven't deleted anything either. 

I haven't contacted BT as I fully expect Virginmedia to sort out reinstatement of my original phone number as it was Virginmedia's actions which caused the current issue.

Thanks

John

Hi John, I have just heard back from the telephony team and they have confirmed due to the way the account was disconnected it did not sent this to BT and we can confirm that we are able to retrieve the number for you. I have processed a number change for you and this should be resolved soon. - Chris. 

Thanks Chris, that's good news!

Is there any timescale known or will I be advised when the change has taken place.

Regards

John

Hi John, I have found out that this could be tomorrow, can you confirm when done it can be done at any point until midnight however. - Chris. 

Hi Chris,

Ok, I'll advise once done.

Thanks

John

Hi John, thanks for the message. Please let us know if you need anything further, 

Chris.