cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Network -Landline Switchover

Grifftec124
Joining in

Hi , I contacted Virgin Media today in relation to the new Fibre Network (Landline) Hub, I asked about  my two phone lines which I have at present, one phone upstairs and one down . I asked if I need to book an Technician for the upstairs phone, they informed me "Yes" and would be a charge of £25 ?? .. I asked ..."as I haven't asked for this upgrade why do I did to pay for it" .... Customer Service informed me this is Virgin Media procedure.

As an OAP and have been with Virgin Media for over 10 years and I have been a 02 Customer for more than 28 years, I think they need to look at their procedure's and look at ways for assisting customers.

with the cost of living forever increasing  I am at present considering my options and may have to look at alternative suppliers .   

12 REPLIES 12

goslow
Alessandro Volta

In which case my reply at post #2 above should apply and VM should modify your existing telephone wiring so you can use your existing telephone sockets post-switchover. It should be free of charge as part of the switchover programme.

Hi Vinegar,  thank you for your response ... I will contact VM to confirm that this is done under the 21CV switchover and not under the reply I got from a customer service member of staff .

thanks for your support

regards

Grifftec124

Hi John_GS,  thank you for your response ... As I mentioned to Vinegar , I will contact VM to confirm that this is done under the 21CV switchover and not under the reply I got from a customer service member of staff .

thanks for your support

regards

Grifftec124