Menu
Nightgaunt
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Fed up with unsupported Virgin

The title is an understatement!

My landline has not had a dial tone since Saturday 22nd May 2021, this is the second time in the last month.

Your online check comes back inconclusive and after over 3 hrs spend on hold only to be passed to yet another person, asked the same security questions I'm put on hold again only for a different person to go through the same process.

I have tested my own phone in the test socket it has no dial tone, today I drove 20 miles to get a working phone off my mother only to find it has no dial tone on my land line either.

How the hell do you actually get someone at Virgin and how do I get compensated for this given I actually pay for 24/7 call also. I've tried again today to get this resolved and ended up in a call lasting 105 minutes in which time I've spoken to 4 different people who put me on hold for "2 minutes" only to have to wait a minimum of another 20 minutes to get a different person in a different country, I gave up as my mobile was running out of charge.

Can a moderator please get this resolved for me as it's fairly obvious there is an issue with my line?

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fed up with unsupported Virgin

Hi @Nightgaunt,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your land line. 

I have taken a look at your account and would like to book an engineer for you to get his looked at.

Will pop you a PM now so we can get your address confirmed and the appointment booked. 

Speak soon 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Nightgaunt
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've responded to your message Ayisha.

I'm getting really frustrated with this as you can probably tell, I've just been on hold again only to be told they couldn't escalate my issue as the support required are now closed!

0 Kudos
Nightgaunt
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

24 hours further on and no response Alisha?

Welcome to Virgin in 2021!

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Nightgaunt,

I do apologise for the delay in getting back to you. I have been out of the office and have only just picked up my messages. 

I have had a peek at your account and can see a technician was booked for you by our call centre staff to resolve the issue with the landline. 

Let us know if you have any other problems. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Nightgaunt
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It was fixed on Thursday afternoon however I've just been sent my bill and I have not been compensated for losing the line for 5,5 days nor for the fact I'm also paying for 24/7 calls. I'd also add we also had 3 days of lost land line service earlier in the month, that came back before I could even get through to anyone.

Can you please sort this out for me as there is no way on this Earth I'll spend another second on hold only to be passed from pillar to post and then cut off, not unless I'm cancelling all of my services.

0 Kudos