Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Fed up of chasing VM to refund over billed charges

Foolishly I took out a contract 3 months ago and they are charging me more than was agreed. Despite hours on the phone, being cut off, calling back and promising of credits and refunds ... NOTHING!!! Even a complaint where a 'Manager will call you back' never happened. I'm fed up of wasting my time and getting nowhere. Unless I get a resolution by the end of this week I have no choice but to take them to court for over billing or see if the bank will refund what was over-charged on the DD. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Fed up of chasing VM to refund over billed charges

Your best route to sorting this out is a formal complaint to VM (I suggest in writing by recorded post), and they then have eight weeks to sort it out.  Write out all the details carefully, as the person who deals with it won't know anything about your case.  If VM don't resolve the matter to your complete satisfaction in the eight weeks, you then escalate to CISAS, the industry arbitration scheme.  That's all tediously slow, but it costs you nothing, has no downside risks, and doesn't preclude further action.  Also, only one in five complaints escalated to CISAS are found in favour of the company.  In your complaint, ask for all disputed charges back, the agreed terms to be applied to your account, and a significant gesture of goodwill for the waste time, nuisance and stress.

My experience of banks and disputed DDs is that they are more than happy to refund the charges, but it is possible that VM will treat that as a default on a credit agreement, which will put a big brown stain on your credit history (even if they're in the wrong), so I'd not use that route myself.  If after you've exhausted the complaints and arbitration processes and you're still unhappy, that's the time to consider legal action. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that, it's very useful. I'm hoping somebody from VM will pick up on this thread and agree to look into it and resolve the issue. Failing that I will make the formal complaint. Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ramatanna,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry that you've had this experience with being charged more on your monthly bill and you haven't had the help you need up to now. 

Do you have the confirmation email from us with the correct package price showing? You should have received this when taking out your contract. 

Have you looked at a breakdown of your bill? Are you able to see that the extra charges are for the package price rather than any other things?

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Dear Melissa,

Thank you for getting in touch. The email confirmation showed the incorrect price of £35/month when it should have been £30/month. There are extensive notes on my account where I called I and it was agreed to be £30/month. I was told at the time of taking out the contract the paperwork will show £35 but I'll get an additional £5/month credit. I was also told call charges would be refunded which never happened. I raised a complaint, was given a Ref No. and told a Manager would call me back to discuss. That never happened too. 

If you want to PM me I am am happy to share all the details etc. with you if you are willing to fix this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

... also please don't insult me by suggesting I check the bill incase the charges are for something else. You should look into my account and check for yourself before you suggest that. Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for explaining the situation. 

I would like to help you with this, so I'll pop you a private message now to take your details. 

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I just wanted to update this thread and say that after raising the issues I was having through this community forum VM responded and resolved everything. The learn from it is not to waste hours on the phone talking to somebody who is unhelpful and doesn't have a clue what they are doing BUT to instead deal without somebody much more competent and willing to help from this forum. Thank you VM for sorting it out and refunding the excess charges. 

0 Kudos