Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Faulty landline

Moved house and took out a NEW virgin contract. Transferred old virgin phone number to new contract / property.  Transfer happened this week however landline will only dial out - will not accept incoming calls. Spent 3 + hours phoning help line yesterday and was told it will be correct3d overnight.  Had 4 online chats over 7 hours today only for the chats disappear and have to start again - can someone sort this

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty landline

Just an update - after 1 hour on the phone yesterday (Thurs) was assured it would be sorted overnight   Well it wasn’t

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steved362,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our Virgin Media family 🙂

I am sorry to hear about this issue with your landline, I'd like to ask a few questions if that's okay?

-    Is there a dial tone or what do you hear when pick up the receiver (crackly/error message/No dial tone/yes dial tone)
-    Can you make/receive calls from VM landlines, what about Virgin Media lines, non Virgin Media and all mobile numbers? (please don't give me any numbers yet as we're in public)
-    If it’s a particular number you can’t call or receive, we need their operator, times and dates.
-    Is your landline plugged into Hub or the Virgin Media wall socket? Can you try a different wall socket (if you have one)
-    Can you try a different phone if you have one spare?

Thanks, please let me know so we can help further 🙂

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yes there is a dial tone - when dialling

I can phone external numbers - mobiles / other virgin landlines / other non virgin landlines.  The correct ported number displays on the receiving phone

Nobody can phone us - the phone does not ring in the house / no voicemails etc. When I try to call from a mobile the mobile shows “calling” with no ringing then shows “call ended”

A virgin engineer came last Weds 26th Oct and installed all new kit (it was a new contract) including a new wall socket

We were issued with a temp virgin landline number pending the porting of our previous virgin landline. This temp landline was deactivated when the ported number went “live”

I do not believe there I is another wall socket

The phone has 2 units- the base unit is plugged into the wall socket  - the other is a cordless handset

We have spent over 5 hours phoning help lines and have been assured twice that it would be resolved overnight / tried online chats which cut off / timed out

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us

Do you get any error messages when you phone the number?

kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

No when dialling from a mobile just shows “call ended”

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

We can make calls but nobody can phone us

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me. 

Do you have the phone connected to the broadband router? if so, can you try unplugging it and re-plugging it back in?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Tried that no change

there are 2 sockets on the router so tried the second socket - but that was worse - no outgoing calls allowed / no incoming call so put back in original socket  - outgoing calls ok / still no incoming calls

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Tried to phone landline again this morning - still not working