Moved house and took out a NEW virgin contract. Transferred old virgin phone number to new contract / property. Transfer happened this week however landline will only dial out - will not accept incoming calls. Spent 3 + hours phoning help line yesterday and was told it will be correct3d overnight. Had 4 online chats over 7 hours today only for the chats disappear and have to start again - can someone sort this
Thanks for your post and welcome to our Virgin Media family 🙂
I am sorry to hear about this issue with your landline, I'd like to ask a few questions if that's okay?
- Is there a dial tone or what do you hear when pick up the receiver (crackly/error message/No dial tone/yes dial tone)
- Can you make/receive calls from VM landlines, what about Virgin Media lines, non Virgin Media and all mobile numbers? (please don't give me any numbers yet as we're in public)
- If it’s a particular number you can’t call or receive, we need their operator, times and dates.
- Is your landline plugged into Hub or the Virgin Media wall socket? Can you try a different wall socket (if you have one)
- Can you try a different phone if you have one spare?
Thanks, please let me know so we can help further 🙂
there are 2 sockets on the router so tried the second socket - but that was worse - no outgoing calls allowed / no incoming call so put back in original socket - outgoing calls ok / still no incoming calls